P.O. Box 22020, Penticton, BC  V2A 8L1

If you have concerns or questions in your park,

please contact one of the following Phone Numbers.

Please call between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. only.

                       Ken                                  250.498.2885

                      Gerry                                250.492.0267



Click on the words below to go to that specific page within the website.

Meeting Dates
MHP Locations

Click on the button below to get the newest FREE Adobe Reader DC download, which is currently Version 2019.010.20099. Please untick all Optional  third party offers you see listed, for example McAfee Security Scan Plus, McAfee Safe Connect and also the Acrobat Reader Chrome Extension, before starting the download, unless you want them.


Electrical Certification (Silver Label) for all Manufactured Homes in BC.


The Electrical Certification (Silver Label) for Manufactured Homes in BC change has come about under the B.C. Electrical Code.  This certification is needed before you can list your home for sale if there has been any electrical work done without an electrical permit taken out and a passed inspection and you must be able to show the permits to the Realtor.  This includes any electrical changes to the original home or additions to the home or out buildings on the Home Site. See the Realtors' directive part 1 and part 2 regarding this.
To get the Silver Label and put it on your electrical panel you must have a qualified electrician inspect the home, additions and out buildings filling out the proper forms, get an electrical permit and correct all defects and have it inspected and passed. Then the required form must be filled out and all documentation sent in to get your Silver Label. (shop around and get quotes for this process). The homeowner is still allowed to perform the installation but he must have the installation certified by a qualified electrical technician.

The following is a more detailed look at all this from the official Technical Safety BC website, which used to be called BC Safety Authority.


All homeowners doing regulated electrical work are required to obtain a permit before they begin. It is wise to read the Electrical Safety Homeowner Information Guide before you start anything. Click on the link to the guide.

So let's start on the details by clicking on the link to the Technical Safety BC website and look at some specific pages.

Click on the Homeowner tab and then in the Getting Started section below and under the heading Homeowner Permits, click on Apply for electrical permit and you are taken to the Electrical Homeowner Permits page.  Under the paragraph titled Apply for your homeowner electrical permit, you have to click on Form 1259 and complete the online application.  For your convenience, click on the link to the pdf version of Form 1259.  This is so that you can preview the form before completing it online.  You should probably look at the Homeowner Electrical Permit Application Questionnaire. 

The next paragraph deals with the Homeowner Temporary Construction Permit Form 1445.

The following paragraph deals with getting the work inspected. So to request an inspection you need to complete Form 1011.  

Read the following paragraph regarding the Occupational Health and Safety issues. 

To get an idea of the fees charged click on the link to the fee table. 

Here is the link to the Homeowner's calculated load demand sheet, should you need it.

Completed forms can also be submitted to any Service BC Centre in your area.  You willsee on the list, Kelowna; Oliver; Penticton and Princeton.  Just click on the location closest to you.

The Safety Standards Act applies to everyone who installs, alters, maintains or operates electrical equipment. It’s essential that you are familiar with the following regulations.

  • Safety Standards General Regulation  See Part 2-Permits, Section 12-17.
  • Electrical Safety Regulation  See Part 2-Permits, Inspections and Regulated Products, Section 11.
  • BC Amendments to the Canadian Electric Code  See Division 2-Canadian Electric Code adopted as B.C. Electric Code Section 20.
  • Monetary Penalties Regulation
  • If you are new to the electrical industry, you’re undertaking a new type of work or you’d just like to refresh your memory, please take the time to read all items. To understand the role that Technical Safety BC plays in electrical safety, refer to the Electrical Overview Manual.  

    • Page 1, Electrical Program Introduction; 

    • page 8, Installation Permits; 

    • pages 9 to 11, Homeowner Installation Permits and Inspections; and 

    • page 15, Variances, are relevant sections to read.

    Electrical Safety Orders, Directives, and Information Bulletins

    Safety Orders are an instrument that is issued to prevent or reduce the risk of personal injury or damage to property. Compliance is mandatory and enforceable by Technical Safety BC.

    Directives are instruments that clarify or provide new interpretation of a regulation or code. Compliance is mandatory.  Those involved in installing, operating or maintaining electrical products must comply with the interpretations provided in the directives.  See the most recent Approval of Manufactured Home Directive issued May 9, 2017.  In this Directive, all sections appear to apply to New and Used Manufactured Homes.  Also forms FRM-1143 Used Mobile Home Inspection Report and FRM-0206 Electrical Contractor Authorization and Declaration form may apply.  Also see Homeowner Permit - Scope of Work Directive.

    Information bulletins provide helpful information and clarification on existing regulations or code that affect your particular technology.

    Under section 21(1) of the Electrical Safety Regulation, electrical equipment must bear evidence of either a mark or a label of a certification agency accredited by the Standards Council of Canada or an approval label issued by Technical Safety BC under section 10 of the Safety Standards Act. This Bulletin specifies the certification/approval marks and labels that are acceptable in British Columbia. See this Information Bulletin re. the above.

    Changes to the regulations and code.  Changes to the B.C. Electrical Code regulation occur approximately every three years.

    So under the Safety Standards Act, Part 3 - item 9 is applicable.  It states: "The presence of a certification mark is proof, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, that the regulated product meets the standard that the product must meet for that certification."

    Under the Safety Standards General Regulation, under Part 2 - Permits,   we find the following: 

    Permit required unless exempted or in an emergency

    12 (1) A person must obtain the appropriate permit from the regulatory authority before performing regulated work or using a regulated product unless exempted from doing so under the Act.

    (2)  In an emergency or if required to perform regulated work when the permit issuing office is closed, a person is not required to obtain a permit before performing regulated work if the person

    (a) is authorized under the Act to perform the regulated work, and

    (b) applies for a permit from the regulatory authority on the first business day following the emergency or the next day that the permit issuing office is open.  

    Under the heading, Permit application procedure 

    13 reads as follows: 

    An application for a permit must be accompanied by any required fee and must include the following: 

    (a) a description of the regulated work to be performed; 

    (b) the address of the place where the regulated work is to be performed;

    (c) the name and address of the person for whom the regulated work under the permit is to be performed; 

    (d) if the regulated work is to be performed by a licensed contractor, the licensed contractor's name, address and registration number; 

    (e) if the regulated work is to be performed by a homeowner, the name of each person who will be assisting with the regulated work other than members of the homeowner's immediate family.   

    Under the heading  Installation permits 

    17(1)  An installation permit is required to install or alter a regulated product. 

    (2) An installation permit may be issued to any of the following: 

    (a) a licensed contractor; 

    (b) a person who holds an operating permit; 

    (c) an owner of a regulated product; 

    (d) a homeowner who performs regulated work as permitted under the regulations. 

    (3) Unless exempted by the regulations, an application for an installation permit must contain the name, certificate of qualification number and class of certificate of qualification of the field safety representative. 

    (4) To issue an installation permit a safety officer may require a bond.

    Under the heading Part 3 - Inspections by Safety Officers

    Certificate of inspection

    20 (1)  This section applies to an inspection performed by a safety officer. 

    (2) On completion of an inspection by a safety officer of regulated work or a regulated product, the safety officer must issue a certificate of inspection to the permit holder.

    (3) If the certificate under subsection (2) identifies any non-compliances with respect to the regulated work or regulated product, the permit holder must correct the non-compliances and notify the safety officer that the corrections have been completed.

    (4) Issuance of a certificate of inspection does not prevent a safety officer from re-inspecting regulated work. 

    Under the Electrical Safety Regulation under Part 1 - General Qualification and Licensing Provisions, Division 1 - Individuals who may perform regulated electrical work 

    item 4 (1) says: "Subject to subsection (2), an individual must not perform regulated work in respect of electrical equipment unless the individual

    (d) is a homeowner acting in accordance with section 17."

    Under Part 2 - Permits, Inspections and Regulated Products, Division 1 - Permits

    Permits for electrical work 

    11 (1) When electrical work is performed on electrical equipment, a permit is required 

    (a) for each structure with a separate electrical supply, or 

    (b) for each portion of a structure with a separate electrical supply service.

    (2) A permit is required for any electrical work that requires the attendance of a utility to connect or reconnect an electrical service. 

    When a homeowner may perform electrical work under a permit 17 (1)  Subject to this section, a homeowner may perform electrical work in their fully detached dwelling under an installation permit. 

    (2) An installation permit may be issued to a homeowner only if 

    (a) electricity is not fed or supplied from the fully detached dwelling to a separately owned or occupied property, and 

    (b) the electrical work involves only installations in which the current and voltage do not exceed current of 200 amps and voltage of 150 volts to ground, single phase power. 

    (3) An installation permit issued under subsection (2) does not authorize the issue of a permit to install the connection from a manufactured home or recreational vehicle to the power supply of a manufactured home park or recreational vehicle park. 

    (4) A homeowner who performs electrical work under an installation permit must request that the work be inspected by a safety officer 

    (a) if the work or a phase of the work is completed, promptly on that completion, or 

    (b) if no other inspection has been made within 180 days from the start of the permit, immediately before the expiry of the 180 day period. 

    (5) If an inspection is required after a request under subsection (4), the inspection must be made after completion of the electrical work and before 

    (a) the concealment of any portion of the rough wiring, and 

    (b) the connection of power to the electrical supply system. 

    (6) A homeowner may perform the electrical work in the homeowner's fully detached dwelling under an installation permit issued to a licensed electrical contractor for that work if 

    (a) the contractor who holds the permit supervises the work, and 

    (b) the homeowner only performs work referred to in subsection (2).

    When permit is not required for electrical work

    18 (1)  No permit is required if the only electrical work performed is testing. 

    (2) An individual may replace the following regulated products without a permit, up to a maximum rating of 150 V to ground, with electrical equipment of a similar type or rating: 

    (a) receptacles; 

    (b) cord attachment plugs; 

    (d) ballasts; 

    (e) dimmer switches; 

    (f) fan speed controllers; 

    (g) thermostats; 

    (h) overcurrent devices. 

    (3) An individual may replace, without a permit, a lamp of up to 347 V to ground with a lamp of a similar type or rating. 

    (4) An individual may replace, without a permit, a fuse of up to 750 V with a fuse of a similar type or rating. 

    (5) If a licensed electrical contractor or a manufacturer's technical representative performs repairs involving the components of existing installed and certified regulated electrical equipment, no permit is required if 

    (a) there are no modifications or additions to the electrical installation, 

    (b) neither the electrical rating nor the characteristics of the equipment is altered, and 

    (c) the replacement components are of a type which do not invalidate the original certification mark. [am. B.C. Reg. 327/2005, Sch. 1, s. 4.]

    Inspection of electrical work

    19 (1) If a person holds an electrical installation permit, the field safety representative named on the permit must request an inspection at least once in every 180 day period. 

    (2) If no inspection request under subsection (1) has been submitted within a 180 day period, the holder of the permit must have the permit amended to allow for the extra time before performing any regulated work. 

    (3) On the completion of each phase of electrical work under an installation permit, the field safety representative named on the permit must request an inspection. 

    (4) A person must not do any of the following unless the regulated work has been inspected or the inspection has been waived: 

    (a) conceal any portion of the rough wiring; 

    (b) connect power to the electrical supply system; 

    (c) if the inspection is required for other than the last phase, work on the next phase of the electrical work. 

    (5) If an inspection is required for regulated work, other than the regulated work in the last phase, a person must not do regulated work on the next phase of electrical work. 

    (6) After receiving a request under subsection (1) or (3), the regulatory authority may require 

    (a) an inspection, or 

    (b) a declaration that the work performed under the permit complies with the Act and the regulations.


    Modified  09/14/2021

    Property of  P&DMHOA 2021

    Contact  Webmaster for website issues only at